A SHORT MENTION OF OUR HISTORY…
The Villa was the ancient home of aristocrat families and it was built at the beginning of 1800 for Lady Giorgia Amalia Seymour, Countesse of Durfort.
The Noblewoman, green and tree lover, decided to build the house surrounded by a beautiful English garden and a little wood.
After her death in 1831, the Villa passed to Dalla Vida Family. They commissioned the architect Negrin to extend the little wood, obtaining a magnificent undulating park.
At the beginning of the last century the Villa was bought by Family Stucky, an Austrian Noble Family owner of the famous homonym Mulini (mill) in Venice.
They rased the whole building in order to construct the current Villa, characterized by a central european shape , very different from the simple and strict venetian villa lines.
In 1917 the Villa became head office of the Third Army Command.
A recently locaded tomstone reminds that just in that Villa’s salon they planned the successful final fight on river Piave.